What’s On for 2011*
To pitch a story idea or send queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conversation Starters (Fun facts accenting contents page)
- Stepping Into Liquid (Commentary on the Issue/Letter from the Editor)
- SipLebrity (Recipes & Entertaining Ideas from Celebs)
- Shelf Life (Information and recipes focused on a spirits category)
- Brew’s News (Craft and Imported Beer)
- Now We’re Cooking (Tips and Tricks from Famous Chefs)
- Gadgets & Goods (Tools, Fashion, Accessories, Appliances, etc)
- Souvenirs (Travel)
- Quick Shots (Book Reviews)
- Mix Master (Featured Bartender’s Ins, Outs and Recipes
- Fast Tracks (Top DJs offer song picks for your next party’s soundtrack)
- Room & Board
- Grapevine (Wine news and releases)
- Room and Board (Party theme and planning ideas)
- The Last Drop (Ending the issue on a happy note, and the season’s hottest cocktail)
Issue 5: Spirited Seduction
Bonus Distribution: 2011 Nightclub & Bar Show, Las Vegas
Street Date: February 2011
Story Materials Due—January 7, 2011
Ad Space Closing—January 21, 2011
- Heart’s Desire—Provocative mixes of flavors and aromas sure to stir the soul.
- Now We’re Cooking with Ed Schoenfeld, one of the nation’s foremost experts on Asian fare
- Room & Board: Entertaining with Chinese and Asian cuisines, with Elizabeth An and An Family of Crustacean
- Oriental Expressions: Stir the Soul with cocktails forged from Asian spirits, fruits and seasonings.
- Sake To Me!—Asian spirits and cocktails bring good luck to your home bar
- The Sweet Side of Bitters: They’re not for mixologists only—what’s out there and how to use them like a pro!
- Rose Wines—what are they and why they are blossoming on wine racks once again!
- Souvenirs: A Toast to the emerging cocktail scenes of India and Taipei
Issue 6: The Feminine Cocktail Mystique
Street Date: April 2011
Story Materials Due— March 11, 2011
Ad Space Closing— March 18, 2011
- Frisky Whisky-The most adventurous Scotch and Irish Whiskies (Spirited Conversation)
- Ladies who Launch: The mixology and culinary worlds’ leading ladies prove a woman’s place can be behind the bar.
- Hail Mary! The savory classic Bloody Mary plays dress up
- Growing your own flavor—how to create your own herb garden to create market fresh cocktails at home, and what spirits to use with them.
- Lighten up!: Low Calorie and “Healthier” Cocktails
- Cooking and Pairing with Whisky: Spring Food and Beverage Pairings
- Great Chilean Wines and the Women Behind them
- Souvenirs: Ireland’s Culinary Pot of Gold are its Whiskies
Issue 7: The Ins and Out(doors) of Summer Entertaining:
Bonus Distribution: 2011 Tales of the Cocktail, NOLA
Street Date: June 2011
Story Materials Due— May 13, 2011
Ad Space Closing— May 20, 2011
- Rum and Then Some (a spotlight on rums and recipes)
- Pure Bliss: Kosher spirits are for anybody and everybody who demands outstanding flavor and quality in what they drink.
- Like A Virgin: With families gathering around the barbeque, the pool, the graduation and the bride, be prepared with some non-alcoholic delights for all ages.
- Grapevine: Ice and Spice-The Wines of Outdoors-y British Columbia
- Cooking with Rum/Summer Food and Beverage Pairings
- Souvenirs: The How’s and Wows of Curacao
- Souvenirs: Milk, Honey and Gold: Israel’s rising winery culture, cocktail scene
Issue 8: Sweet Re-Leaf
Street Date: August 2011
Story Materials Due— July 12, 2011
Ad Space Closing— July 17, 2011
- Agave Spirits Spotlight/Spirits of Mexico Feature
- Now We’re Cooking with Mezcal
- The Latin Quarter-what’s hot now in entertaining with agave spirits.
- Jumping Juniper! Why Gin still excites as the original “flavored vodka,” and the best gins out there.
- Pure Refreshment: Summer’s Cooling Cocktails and the earthy pleasures of tea-based cocktails.
- Good Neighbors: The wonders of Pisco, Cachaca and other South American spirits.
- Seeing Reds: wines to give and serve this season
- Souvenirs: TBD
Issue 9: Chilling Out
Street Date: October 2011
Story Materials Due— September 7, 2011
Ad Space Closing— September 16, 2011
- Break Out those Winter Whites: These sweet, sexy and seductive whites are ideal with fall’s heartier foods and entertaining themes.
- Savory Sipping: Cocktails that please the salt and spice parts of the palate
- ABC – Anything but Cognac – Getting to know Sherry, Armagnac, Grappa and Brandy.
- Strike it rich: Cocktails with pomegranate, figs and other fall fruit flavors.
- Not the Same-Old Song: Unique vodkas that are shaking things up
- Announcement: Get Ready for the 2011 Liquid Excellence Awards. Readers will be prompted to select their favorite cocktail recipes and spirits (rum, vodka, tequila, gin, liqueurs) while Liquid Living’s staff will look out for the year’s best spirits, cocktails and mixologist. Winners will appear in the Holiday 2011 Issue. We will also encourage readers to submit their ideas for winning cocktails of their own creation in the categories.
- Souvenirs: TBD
Issue 10: That Winning (Holiday) Season
Street Date: November 2011
Story Materials Due—October 10, 2011
Ad Space Closing—October 21, 2011
- Spanish Eyes are Smiling: Wines from Spain Bring European Flair to your Holiday Table.
- Liqueur License: The latest versatile spirits that grant you the freedom to go wild with seasonal cocktails
- A Kick from Champagne: The Newest Ways to Sip for the New Year.
- Home for the Holidays: Celebrating America’s Best Home-Grown Spirits
- Results and highlights of the 2011 Liquid Excellence Awards.
- Gifts from afar-the best reader cocktails.
- Souvenirs: Eastern Europe
*Subject to change